While beauty trends come and go, one thing always remains top of the skin wish list; good skin glow. That radiant, hydrated, healthy look. Rather than trying to achieve the look with make-up, your best route to good glow is with skincare. Especially as we get older and skin tends to get drier, making it harder to apply make-up without well-prepped skin.
We’ve created a handy guide to good skin glow, broken down into 2 phases: Phase 1: creating a good (glowing) skin base to work from and Phase 2, no make-up make-up for good skin glow.
Phase 1: Good skin is the best base
Preparation is key for good skin glow. Your starting point is with a good cleanser. Our Willowberry Nutrient Boost Cleansing Balm, high in vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, not only cleans but also maintains the skin’s natural barrier and promotes a smoother, brighter complexion. Jojoba oil in our formulation is a known glow-giver, adding hydration and minimising redness. The antioxidants also help to reduce redness and inflammation. Massage in the balm to promote blood flow and circulation, to dial up the radiance. Removing the balm with a clean damp flannel gives the added bonus of gentle exfoliation, leaving the skin smooth and even.
For ultimate skin glow follow up with a face oil, which will nourish and hydrate for a real skin boost. Willowberry Nutrient Boost Face Oil and Willowberry Sensitive Face Oil are both lightweight yet luxuriously hydrating, imparting glow without heaviness. Silky soft glow potions. Pat into the skin or take it to the next level by massaging it in with a gua sha tool or jade roller.
Next, moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Hyaluronic acid is your skin’s best friend in this department: a super-hydrator which keeps skin plumped and dewy. Willowberry Nutrient Boost Day Cream combines hyaluronic acid with powerful natural antioxidants, rosehip, chia seed and vitamin E. It’s like a cocoon for the skin, hydrating and protecting it for a healthy-looking glow.
Phase 2: No make-up make-up
Phase two is all about mixing up some quick and easy skincare/make-up hybrids that will help to accentuate your natural best. Here are our top tips:
- Add a small amount of your regular foundation to your day cream to make a hydrating skin tint.
- Alternatively, mix a drop of face oil with your foundation to create a juicy, glowy finish. Apply with a brush so that it sits lightly on the skin.
- Add a drop of face oil to liquid bronzer for a super-flattering sun-kissed glow.
- On the back of your hand mix a dot of face oil with your lipstick to make a stain. You can then pat this onto lips and cheeks for a sheer tint.
- Apply a thin layer of oil onto your eyelids. Using just a little will create a gorgeous glossy sheen.
- Use face oil as a natural-looking highlighter, tapping it lightly along the tops of cheekbones to reflect the light.
Willowberry is nutritious natural skincare for grown-ups, for your best skin.
A favourite with top make-up artists, Willowberry's luxurious award-winning products protect skin’s natural barrier function, to nourish and revive grown-up skin without telling women to be 'anti-ageing'.
As seen in Vogue, Independent, The Telegraph, This Morning and more.