A quality, natural face oil applied daily can be a powerhouse for your skin. Face oil nourishes skin deep down to help comfort, smooth, soothe and hydrate while reducing redness and irritation. It helps even skin tone and gives a healthy, natural glow. Not bad for one skin product, hey!
Why do I need a face oil as well as a moisturiser?
We refer to a face oil as like eating your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day – to nourish skin; while your moisturiser is akin to drinking your 8 glasses of water a day – to hydrate skin.
While moisturisers and oils both contain active ingredients, the concentration can be much higher in oils, giving them the edge for antioxidants and fatty acids (the Willowberry Nutrient Boost Face Oil is particularly rich in both of these).
In comparison, moisturisers have a cocktail of fats, actives and a 60-80% water content, which means they are very efficient at hydrating skin. Look for a moisturiser containing a humectant (which not only draws moisture into the skin but also locks it in) such as hyaluronic acid, which can be found in our best-selling Willowberry Nutrient Boost Day Cream.
Just some of the reasons you need a face oil in your skincare routine:
- It hydrates and nourishes dry skin without leaving any greasy residue
- It regulates oily skin by balancing out sebum production
- It makes skin smoother and more radiant, by protecting skin’s barrier function to increase moisture retention, elasticity and softness
- It evens out skin tone and reduces redness by nourishing skin
- It helps to reduce scars and hyperpigmentation with regular use
- It adds glow… because face oil is basically liquid radiance
- Facial massage with a face oil helps boost blood circulation to increase skin radiance
Willowberry is nutritious natural skincare for grown-ups, for your best skin.
A favourite with top make-up artists, Willowberry's luxurious award-winning products protect skin’s natural barrier function, to nourish and revive grown-up skin without telling women to be 'anti-ageing'.
As seen in Vogue, Independent, The Telegraph, This Morning and more.