Move over harsh exfoliating scrubs and mega-strength acids; polyhydroxy acids – PHAs - are the best way to gently exfoliate your skin daily for smoother, brighter, plumper, glowing skin without irritation. PHAs work on the surface of the skin to exfoliate by gently dissolving the bonds between dead skin cells and the skin's surface, to remove the dead skin cells for a smoother, brighter complexion.
But the benefits don’t stop there! Here are the many reasons why you need PHAs in your skincare routine:
- Improves skin texture
- Boosts skin cell regeneration and stimulates repair
- Clarifies the complexion
- Adds glow and radiance
- Evens out skin tone by reducing the appearance of sun damage and pigmentation
- Improves elasticity
- Protects the skin: PHAs have antioxidant properties which help to guard the skin against free radical damage caused by UV rays, pollution and stress
- Hydrates and plumps: PHAs are humectants which means they help the skin to attract and retain moisture
- Strengthens the skin’s barrier function
- Slows down glycation, the natural process which erodes skin-plumping collagen and elastin
- Keeps skin calm (PHAs are anti-inflammatory)
- Improves the efficacy of the rest of your skincare routine by getting the dead skin cells out of the way so that you are applying your products to fresh, new, receptive skin cells
If you're looking to introduce a polyhydroxy acid exfoliator into your skincare routine, check out our award-winning Willowberry PHA Liquid Exfoliator, which combines polyhydroxy acids with soothing and hydrating ingredients of Aloe Vera, Chamomile Water, Cucumber Fresh Juice Extract, Hyaluronic Acid and an Amino Acid Blend to help soothe, hydrate and protect skin as it exfoliates.
Willowberry is nutritious natural skincare for grown-ups, for your best skin.
A favourite with top make-up artists, Willowberry's luxurious award-winning products protect skin’s natural barrier function, to nourish and revive grown-up skin without telling women to be 'anti-ageing'.
As seen in Vogue, Independent, The Telegraph, This Morning and more.